Sumber Resipi : Joy of Baking
- 2 cups (400 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups (245 grams) all-purpose flour (kita guna self raising flour)
- 3/4 cup (75 grams) cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (xbuh)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda (xbuh)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium sized bananas) - i used pisang lemak manis
- 1 cup (240 ml) warm water
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) safflower or canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place rack in the center of the oven.
2.Butter, or spray with a non stick vegetable spray, a 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) pan. (*I used non-stick ring pan as picture below). Set aside.
3.In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
4.In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, mashed bananas, water, milk, oil, and vanilla extract.
5.Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir, or whisk, until combined. You will notice that the batter is quite thin.
6.Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
7.Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. When completely cooled, frost with the Ganache.
CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING
(I didn't do this but just for my notes, I'll just paste it here as well) - akak pun x buat, lenkali laa..hehe (kita pun xbuat jgkk..)
- 8 ounces (227 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon (14 gram) unsalted butter
- Garnish (optional) Dried banana chips
Place the chopped chocolate in a medium sized stainless steel, or heatproof bowl. Set aside. Heat the cream and butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil. Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. When Ganache has completely cooled, beat until soft and fluffy. Then spread the frosting on top of the cake. Can garnish with dried banana chips.